- Kernel - 3.2.0-4
- Based on Debian 7
- Desktop - Mate 1.4.2
- Supported Architectures - i386 (i686 PAE) and amd64
- Choose your language
- Choose your timezone
- Choose your keyboard layout
- Enter the details of the main user
- Choose the disk to install to
- Choose the partition to install to
- Choose where to install GRUB to
- Click Install from the summary
Connecting to the internet
Customising the Mate desktopI am not going to go too in depth here about how to customise the Mate desktop (that is an article for another day).
To change the desktop background however all you have to do is right click on the desktop and select "Change Desktop Background".
It is however easy to add your own wallpapers.
Go to the internet and download the image of your choice and then from the "Appearance Preferences" click the "Add" button.
Navigate to your downloaded image and it will become your desktop background.
You can also change the panel settings of either of the panels. To do this right click on the panel and choose properties.
Flash and MP3
ApplicationsPoint Linux isn't overloaded with applications and there is the definite feel of quality over quantity.
- Archive Manager
- Pluma Text Editor
- Document Viewer
- Eye of Mate Image Viewer
- LibreOffice Draw
- Firefox Web Browser
- Pidgin Internet Messenger
- Remmima Remote Desktop
- Thunderbird Mail
- Transmission BitTorrent Client
Sound and Video
- Brasero DVD burning software
- VLC Media Player
Point Linux in 60 Seconds
Other Articles you might like
Click here to buy the eBook "From Windows To Ubuntu"