1. Which Linux distribution should I choose?
2. Are you replacing Windows or installing alongside Windows?
- LibreOffice - Use as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- Thunderbird - Use as a replacement for Outlook
- Banshee - Audio player
- VLC Player - Video player
3. Have you backed up?
"Create a recovery disk and a system image"What would happen if Windows suddenly stopped working because you accidentally deleted key files or you accidentally contracted some kind of nasty virus or malware?
You need a recovery disk and you need to create a system image. There are loads of guides for doing this online including:
4. Partitioning the hard drive
5. What is your motive for moving to Linux?
- You don't need Microsoft Windows
- You don't need Microsoft Office
- You don't need Outlook
- You don't need Internet Explorer