With XPQ4 you can change the look and feel so that your Linux distribution emulates Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Before You Begin
How To Get XPQ4
- A 32-bit version
- A 64-bit version
- An arm version (for the Raspberry PI)
- Version 1.4 Orion. (This is the latest version and use proprietary icons)
- 1.4 license free. (Same as 1 but without proprietary icons)
- Version 0.5 (Older version with 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Has proprietary icons)
- 0.5 license free (same as 3 without the icons).
How To Install XPQ4
The XPQ4 Desktop Styles
As you can see from the image above there are a number of different possible styles:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7/Vista
- Windows XP Luna
- Windows XP Classic
- Windows 2000/NT
- Q4OS Modern
- Q4OS Classic
The wallpaper, icons and start button would be enough to make most Windows XP users feel at home.
Even the menu has been themed well.
The Windows 7 theme isn't quite as good and the menu doesn't really emulate the Windows 7 look and feel.
Of course you might be considering a new computer in which case you might like to read my review of Windows 10.