IntroductionThis is part 3 in the series of how to install the LAMP stack (LINUX, Apache, PHP, MySQL) within Puppy LINUX.
If you have missed the first two posts they are available here:
SetupI am using Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 as this gives full access to the Ubuntu repositories which makes it much easier to achieve the end goal which is a portable device able to run a web server as a development environment.
Installing MySQLThis was quite a tricky install and took some effort to get working.
2. Click the configure package manager button
4. Close the package manager and restart it by clicking install again.
6. Select the server metapackage
9. Install the libmysqlclient library
10. Open a console window
11. Create a folder called /var/lib/mysql
12. Create a user called mysql by typing "adduser mysql"
13. Change the owner of the /var/lib/mysql folders to mysql by typing "chown -R mysql /var/lib/mysql"
14. Change the group of the /var/lib/mysql folders to mysql by typing "chgrp -R mysql /var/lib/mysql"
15. Type "mysql_install_db"
16. Type "mysqld" to start the server running.
17. Open another console and type "mysql -u root"
18. Typing exit will exit MySQL
19. Type mysql_upgrade to upgrade the MySQL
SummaryAt this point MySQL will be installed and running. I hope these instructions work for you but if not feel free to leave a comment because I have fallen down many pitfalls to get the instructions to this stage.
You can obviously get mysqld to run at boot time so that it is available as soon as you need it.